Friday, March 29, 2013

Rice Krispie Easter Eggs


Easter Rice Krispie Treats 005


Remember my Valentines Day apothecary jar
full of JUMBO shaped marshmallows?



 Well, I used 40 of them, like the back of the Rice Krispie box says...20 PINK & 20 WHITE.  BUT, since they are over sized marshmallows, I added an extra Tablespoon of butter & did 4 Tablespoons instead of just the 3 that the recipe calls for & 6 cups of Rice Krispie cereal to make

Easter Rice Krispie Treats 004

PINK EGGS!

I sprayed the inside of a plastic egg with PAM & stuffed both sides with the warm gooey cereal & melted marshmallow mixture.
I could barely hang onto it, it was so slippery & then I could
barely get it open, as it stuck so tightly.   

I got exactly ONE egg done & gave up!!  Smooshed the rest of the mix into PAM coated non-stick pans.  Love these Farberware pans for stuff like this!!

You just have to be careful not to scratch them when cutting.
I use my plastic lettuce knife so it doesn't scratch them.
That's my tip for today.
 



Easter Rice Krispie Treats 002 



The Rice Krispie Treats taste good though...just a hint of strawberry to them, from the pink marshmallows. 

Well, back to the drawing board...it was a cute idea but I didn't have the patience to do any more eggs.  I had too much else to prepare for the Easter feast on Sunday.

Thanks for stopping by, though.

I'm linking to Michael Lee's Foodie Friday,
The Tablescapers Seasonal Sunday &
Yvonne's On the Menu Monday.  

14 comments:

  1. Rett, I used to love Rice Krispie treats, but haven't had one in years. This is a cute idea! Hope you and your husband and extended family have a delightful Easter weekend. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rice krispie treats...ok, here is a thought for next year....what about one of those "molded" pans they use for cakes or candy....it would only be 1/2 of an egg....but it might be easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those dumb eggs on Pinterest too and though they were cute. I should have known you would try it. You have a habit of doing all that neat stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet there won't be one left, square or egg shaped! It was a cute idea and I'm glad you tried it for me:@) Happy Easter Weekend Rett-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rett, I am bad because I am so happy to hear someone else gets frustrated over something that is supposed to be fun! I tried making chocolate covered eggs, cakes not candy, with the yellow yolk in the center...they either cratered or ran all over the cupcake pans...the only egg mold I had barely held a teaspoon of cake batter and they all cratered, so I resorted to cupcakes and still had problems! I think I will stick with something I have made a million times..
    Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you keep it real. Some things are good in the idea stage, not so good in execution. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure they taste just as good in any shape. I wouldn't like handling them too much, even though I would be constantly washing my hands! Happy Easter xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who doesn't love a Rice Krispie treat? I'm happy you tried the egg shape and realized it was NOT fun and too much fuss. A square one is perfect any time! Happy Easter blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame the eggs were so difficult because it's such a cute idea! Still delicious, in any shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!!!! Way to give it the ol' college try! Why do the really cute ideas sometimes have to be so darn difficult!! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute idea Rett! It sounds like it would be perfect for kids to do on a plastic tablecloth so they could be messy and it would keep them occupied :) Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Easter and delicious feast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't made Rice Krispie treats in ages - but they are one of my guilty pleasures! I always add more butter than is called for, because I like the taste and texture better.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rett, I wish I had one of those right now. YUM!

    Happy Easter to you and yours...

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, an eggcellent plan that didn't quite hatch!

    Hope you had a good Easter. I was so pooped from all the cooking, I did nothing today!

    Is Spring ever going to come? Cold and rainy here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read them all & each one is so very special to me & I try really hard to return the visit!

fondly,
~Rett~