Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, America!



DSC_0077


I actually set up this RED- WHITE & BLUE display on my bakers rack waaaay back on Memorial Day!

Good thing I didn't take photos of it then,

because I've added a few things since.

DSC_0076

Plus, I was also waiting for the SUN to shine!


DSC_0081


See those CUTE RED POLKA-DOT JARS?
I instantly fell in ♥♥♥ with them & bought the only 3 they had.

DSC_0082
DSC_0079
DSC_0083

What do you think I should put in them???

DSC_0080

The RED gingham ribbon laced through my Mom’s milk glass plate

echoes the ribbon in the Ralph Lauren Pavilion cake plate below.

DSC_0091


DSC_0085
DSC_0084

I just stood some star-shaped cookie cutters up

on their sides to repeat the star effect of the

serving dish behind them.

DSC_0086

A favorite cookbook in just the right color sits on

my newly painted book rack.
DSC_0092

I KNOW I’m not the only one who displays cookbooks

based on their color, right?

DSC_0087

Even the bee hive drink dispenser got a

wee bit of patriotic color!

DSC_0088 DSC_0089

Remember when I said not to be reluctant to buy broken sets of dishes?
I was able to only find 3 of these darling RED POLKA-DOT dishes last year.
I used them HERE with some LIME GREEN ones at Christmas,

but I LOVE them stacked with the BLUES for the 4th!

DSC_0090

Happy Birthday, America!
Thanks for dropping by The Gazebo House

and for letting me share my obsession over dishes with you.

Its nice to know I’m not alone.
fondly,
Rett



Linking up to the following parties:

Susan's BNOTP
Tablescape Thursday
&
The Tablescaper's
Seasonal Sundays

I Savor The Weekend
Patriotic Party
&
Carolyn's
4th of July Treats!



20 comments:

  1. It is amazing how just displaying dishes can really decorate for a holiday. Your display is beautiful, I wish I had somewhere like that to display my dishes. Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all...and the jars...beyond cute...I say, M&Ms...red, white and blue is a good place to start!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, Rett! I like the bakers, rack, I usually see them made of metal, this is nice. And all of your patriotic colors, so perfect for our holiday!! Have a good one! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love those polka dotted jars! Your baker's rack looks wonderful with all the red, white & blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baker's rack and plate rack look fantastic Rett! I'm in LOVE with your star plates! Also love using the cookie cutters, I actually have a few favorites that I keep out year round... one just might be a pig my son gave me! Have a Happy 4th of July Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bakers rack is amazing. So full of the red white and blue. I love what you've done to your mother's plate. The polka dot glass is so fun. Love the way you carried the theme to the wall.. Happy 4th of July.
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your decorations! You always do such a nice job. Have a great 4th, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amzing display my dear! This is beyond great! I love all the displayed plates, each one of them, wow, this belongs on a magazine page! Just pewrfect for this holliday to celebrate Old Glory! Have a wonderful 4th. weekend! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, Rett...I don't think you should put anything IN those red polka dot jars...no sir...
    I think you should put the jars IN a box and send them all the way to MOI, here in West Texas !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your patriotic baker's rack~ how festive & fun! Love your idea of displaying a cookbook by color, I could rotate some of my favorite ones that way! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rett, it is all so beautiful--I'm gad you finally shared it with us! I think something blue needs to go into the jars, until Christmas, then green! I put the cookbooks on the end of my baker's rack so that the ones with the best photos are facing out! I guess we're not only obsessed with dishes! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your beautiful display. The polka dot jars certainly add a bright dash of happy! happy fourth, many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very American!! I love it! I wish I had more places to display too! I just have to be a follower so I can visit and drool somemore!

    ~~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drooling over those jars! They are pretty darn cute just the way they are. Me, I'd have to fill them with candy. I have a terrible sweet tooth. Love your star platter and plate trio. I am always picking up odds and ends of dishes. If their cute they just seem to jump into my hand. Have a wonderful 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rett, what a cheerful display for the summer months. I love to stretch the patriotic theme across June, July, and August. Love the polka dots on the jars and the plates. It all looks terrific! Hope you have a special 4th of July. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love polka dots and the new jars are the cutest! Wonderful red, white and blue. Your dishes are great on the bakers rack and giggled about your color coordinated cookbooks!!!! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowie! Rett, this is just so darn festive! Love all the red/white/blue on your bakers rack. It does make sense to buy broken sets- your plates look so pretty on the plate rack. Hope you'll keep this up for a while- it's just so colorful! ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your baker's rack looks so festive! I have a cake plate that's just like your mom's milk glass tray with the gingham ribbon. Red is such a great color, can be used with so many different things for so many occasions! I just love those red polka dot plates! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks again for this beautiful post and for sharing it on my Patriotic linky party! Fantabulous and hope you had the best 4th yet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an awesome display to celebrate the summer holidays! Thanks for bringing your decor to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read them all & each one is so very special to me & I try really hard to return the visit!

fondly,
~Rett~