Thursday, August 18, 2022

"Fashionista Garment Bag" from Sara Norris' new pattern!

Blogger has been taking down posts that have hot links in them, saying they violate their standards against
Malware & Viruses.  
They required the link to be removed before they would republish the post.
That is why you are seeing this today.  They reposted it, not me!
I was recently honored to be asked to be a tester of Sara Norris'
new pattern for a child's little garment bag. It is a wonderfully written pattern & one that will work for children of many ages. The single pattern gives directions for making two sizes: Small- 12 months-3 years Or Medium-4 years -6 years Due to being hit with an attack of diverticulitis as well as a computer virus, I was not able to complete my project in time to get photos of it to Sara before the debut of the pattern. I'm sharing it with you today.
The pockets have little pleats on each side. I altered the pockets a wee bit by embellishing them with fabric yo-yos & buttons & changing them to a Velcro closure, rather than ribbon ties because Ms. C. can't tie things yet! All the kids wear Velcro strap shoes these days. I'm going to work on helping her learn that skill this weekend when she visits.
You may purchase this pattern at Sara's website, where you can see all the other tester's cute versions.
Thank you, Sara, for having faith in my sewing skills to be able to test stitch this for you. Thanks to everyone who visits the Gazebo House, too. fondly,
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. The bag is precious!!

    I hope you and your computer get better soon! ;-D

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! But seriously you are killing me with the embroidery. Don't know if you knew or not but I used to work for an embroidery store. Doing sales and taking the embroidery orders, but not the embroidery itself. I do some light sewing but thats about it, I would love to start doing some home embroidery. What type of home embroidery machine do you have? I so want one! My husband wants a heavy dutier machine so I can sew some of his sailing canvas and etc. Does your embroidery machine allow for heavier duty sewing as well? Sorry to bog you with question but a gal needs to know, ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rett,
    This bag is so cute...love the colors! Happy Fall!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Rett!!! You did a fabulous job, as always!!! this bag is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rett: the changes you made are perfect. I love the yo yo's on the pocket.

    Thanks for sharing another wonderful creation. I'm sure Ms. C will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rett-it turned out beautifully! Once again, I'm in awe of your skills. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Rett... I'm so sorry you've been sick! I hope you are doing much better by the time you read this.

    That garment bag is cuter than cute! I mean it is adorable. You're so talented, and the pattern and fabric are adorable.

    Sending you warm hugs and all my get well wishes!

    XOXOXO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, Rett and I love the embroidery...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute! I'll have to pass this info on to my mother-in-law. She would really enjoy making one of these for our girly girl! -diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky Miss C again. This is a darling bag that she will love using for her trips.
    Sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope all is better now. ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read them all & each one is so very special to me & I try really hard to return the visit!

fondly,
~Rett~