Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Red, White & Blue snack on Memorial Day
















On Memorial Day, in order to pay homage to the fallen American military, I tried to create a patriotic tray on which to enjoy my midday snack of yogurt & fruit outside in the nice warm sunshine.
I used my red & white star quilt that I made, for a tablecloth & a silver tray to carry my items out the back door to the deck.


My parfait consists of a sugar free vanilla cupcake (1 pt Weight Watchers ðŸ’š plan) with toasted coconut Greek yogurt (2 pts. ðŸ’š WW) layered with an assortment of red & blue berries...delish!

 




My blue & white teacup is very generic...just says "made in China" on the back. 
Same for the little individual white ironstone teapot, steeping Twinings French Vanilla Chai tea.



The little miniature red, white & blue teacup & saucer is an AVON collectable from 1984. It is from their European Collection & is titled "The Netherlands". 
A sweet little treasure given to me by my sewing friend, Eileen Simon.



 I picked some of my lily of the valley flowers & 
tucked a little American flag into the vase along with them.
They smell Heavenly!






The tiny Mason jar holds Pro Granola to sprinkle on top of the parfait. I have an affinity for darling Mason jar lids & this homespun one speaks to me.



This quilt was redesigned by Peg Bingham from a vintage one that a friend found at a garage sale.


It is one of my very most favorites...I adore RED & WHITE quilts! 



I hope you all had a peaceful & blessed holiday...I did.

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning, Rett. Thank you for the wake up note. Tea, Red and white, and a pretty quilt...now, if you would use your mystical powers and get the sun to peak out! However, we planted four new hydrangeas on Monday and they are getting the very best water to start their life with.

    Have a happy day! And, thank you again for sharing your time with us. Linda from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Linda! We're getting more than enough rain around here, too. I hope your hydrangeas do well. I foolishly moved a beautiful one to an area that didn't get either much sun or rain & I killed it. *sad*
      I'm happy you visited today!

      Delete
  2. You know how I LOVE to see your beautiful quilt as your table covering, Rett! What a perfect tea time afternoon treat you had on your deck. I wish I could smell that vase of lily of the valley, while sharing tea time with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you SEW much, Kitty! I appreciate your visits & support as I struggle to get back into the swing of blogging. I've forgotten how to do so many things. Wish you could visit & sit in the gazebo with a cuppa & a treat to share. {{{HUGS}}}

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Rett. It was good to see a post from you this morning. I love your beautiful quilt. I hope you are having some beautiful weather. I want the rain to stop for a little while. I would love go watch my grandson show his horse. It would be need to dry up for sure. Take care my friend. Hugs and prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning to you, Shirley! How sweet of you to visit today. Sounds like you, too, are getting tons of rain...same here. We are all missing our grandkids, huh? I draped a sheet over my grandson so I could give him a non-infectious HUG...I miss their hugs! Stay well.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read them all & each one is so very special to me & I try really hard to return the visit!

fondly,
~Rett~