Friday, February 19, 2010

Foodie Friday is 1 year old!!!!







Happy 1 Year Anniversary to

FOODIE FRIDAY!


Thanks, Michael, for all the work you've done to bring this

fun meme to us each week.


I hope you know how much we all appreciate it!!


I got a new Cuisinart Food Processor




for Christmas & have been trying out
all sorts of recipes with it.







It is going to take some getting used to it
because its so powerful.

I almost made this chicken salad into
CHICKEN
Pâté
with only a few extra pulses too many!
Yikes!



I used these Arnold Sandwich Thins
which are delicious & a great way to
save a few calories.
They are only 100 calories apiece &
there are several different varieties.



Recipe is from Emeril Lagasse

  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 small tart apple, cored and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 1/3 cup diced celery
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/3 cup lightly salted, roasted cashews, roughly chopped

Directions

Combine the chicken, apple, celery, and onions in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, chives, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and stir to combine
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, lightly dress arugula with olive oil.
Serve chicken salad on a bed of arugula and top with cashews.

Hubby doesn't like arugula so I skipped that part & the cashews.

Thanks for visiting & thanks again for the party, Michael!




fondly,
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. ummm, recipe sounds delicious. We've been using these thin sandwich buns, too..oh, and the 45 calorie per slice whole wheat Sarah Lee bread...really GOOD,too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, your chicken salad sounds delish, Rett. I agree about the processor: you can whiz something into a unrecognizable paste in a couple of seconds. I must try those sandwich buns.

    Happy Foodie Friday everybody. Many thanks to Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food processor is very cool. I love mine! And your chicken salad looks awesome. I have never made mine with apples or nuts...I don't know if it is the way my family has always made it, or if it is a Midwest thing. I have to try this bread. It looks and sounds good and it really is about what is between the slices, right?!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sandwich thins are delicious, hubby takes them for his packed lunch. congrats on your new food processor, your chicken sandwich looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one honkin' cool food processor. I would be lost without mine. Your recipe looks wonderful and I really like that combo of tarragon and chicken, lots of tarragon. Thanks for the greatr recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds yummy. I have to try those bread/sandwich thingys. I've seen them...they look good.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rett, love chicken salad. I'm going to look for those sndwich buns. Looks interesting. Thanks for the recipe.
    Happy Anniversry, Foodie Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rett,
    This looks so delicious! Everyone needs a good processor!
    I will have to try the sandwich buns too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new gadget!!! That is a fabulous chicken salad. Very much like my recipe!!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, a few extra whirls and it is paste! LOL..done that!
    I have been using those thins for over a year. They are only 1 pt on WW..Costco, Sams and BJ's have them now..better bargain..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I read them all & each one is so very special to me & I try really hard to return the visit!

fondly,
~Rett~