Happy 1 Year Anniversary to
Thanks, Michael, for all the work you've done to bring this
fun meme to us each week.
I hope you know how much we all appreciate it!!
I got a new Cuisinart Food Processor
for Christmas & have been trying out
all sorts of recipes with it.
It is going to take some getting used to it
because its so powerful.
I almost made this chicken salad into
with only a few extra pulses too many!
I used these Arnold Sandwich Thins
which are delicious & a great way to
save a few calories.
They are only 100 calories apiece &
there are several different varieties.
Recipe is from Emeril Lagasse
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 small tart apple, cored and diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup lightly salted, roasted cashews, roughly chopped
DirectionsCombine the chicken, apple, celery, and onions in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, parsley, chives, salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over the chicken mixture and stir to combine
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, lightly dress arugula with olive oil.
Serve chicken salad on a bed of arugula and top with cashews.
Hubby doesn't like arugula so I skipped that part & the cashews.
Thanks for visiting & thanks again for the party, Michael!